Dear Sisters and Friends of Giving Voice,
Greetings in this Easter season of resurrection and new life!
Over the past several months, Giving Voice has worked on a new articulation of its mission and vision. We hope this allows for a greater understanding of our work and the importance of this network of younger Catholic sisters. We’re excited to share this with you!
Thanks to your generous support, younger sisters across the country – as well as countries outside the U.S. – can fully embody this mission and live more deeply their vocation.
As Giving Voice grows and flourishes, we continue the crucial work of connecting younger sisters across congregations, geography, cultures and charisms. A few highlights of our current work include:
- The Conrad N. Hilton grant continues to enable us to enhance organizational infrastructure. From website advancements to strategic planning to database management, Giving Voice has been able to make key investments in the future of the organization.
- In September Giving Voice was able to hire Ryan Hoffmann as Communications Coordinator to strengthen organizational communications. Ryan has worked to bolster Giving Voice’s website and social media presence and grow internal tools for connection and collaboration.
- This past autumn, Giving Voice sisters came together to plan and carry out a young Catholic sisters presence at the U.S./Mexico border. This witness joined others at the Encuentro at the Border and stood in solidarity with refugees and immigrants. Over a dozen sisters journeyed to the border for prayer, dialogue and action.
- ϖ During this past Advent and Lent Giving Voice created a Catholic sisters resource hub on our website that highlighted reflections and resources from communities of women religious.
- In January 2017, we hosted our annual retreat for women religious in their 20s and 30s in Phoenix, Arizona. The theme was Healing Divisions.
- This past winter, Giving Voice was able to purchase a Zoom license, an online conferencing and collaboration platform, that allows groups of sisters to connect online and meet virtually.
- Recently, Giving Voice enhanced it’s Blogging Sisters initiative by creating a blogroll of reflections by young women religious. Now, a “one stop shop” exists for those interested in learning more about the vocational journeys and ministerial service of younger sisters.
- This spring numerous younger sisters are connecting virtually in PeerSpirit Dialogue Circles exploring healing divisions, building bridges, and embodying effective and prophetic leadership in this fractured and polarized world.
- Ryan and the Core Team, as well as numerous sister volunteers, are working hard on the upcoming 2017 Giving Voice National Gathering July 6-9 at Iona College.
- Finally, Giving Voice’s Core Leadership Team looks forward to participating in the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) assembly in August to connect and network with leaders of congregations of women religious in the U.S. If you’re attending, please stop by our booth in the exhibit hall and say hello.
In addition to these highlights, Giving Voice continues to reach out through our monthly e-Newsletter, an interactive Facebook page and closed group for sisters, a Google networking group, and periodic conference calls and virtual meetings. Giving Voice also routinely connects with leadership, vocation, and formation personnel. These relationships help us to engage in larger conversations about religious life and are deeply enriching.
This is an exciting time for us! But we need the generous support of congregations for our operating budget in order to sustain ongoing programs and initiatives. Our ability to offer sacred spaces for younger sisters to connect would not be possible without you.
With grateful hearts and Easter joy, we humbly ask for your continued support through prayer and a financial contribution.
Directly below please find a 2017 Giving Voice Supporting Congregation Form. At your earliest convenience, please fill this out and return it to us. As always, we are so appreciative of any and all the ways you are able to support Giving Voice during this important time.
With Deep Gratitude and Easter blessings,