Leadership & participation
Giving Voice participation is open to women:
· Under fifty years of age,
· Who have officially started the stage in formation immediately preceding the novitiate,
· In a Roman Catholic, canonical institute or society of vowed women religious.
Participation is completely voluntary.
A woman whose fiftieth birthday falls during a Giving Voice event is welcome to attend the event in its entirety.
Giving Voice is a peer network operating within a model of shared leadership; participants are encouraged to share their gifts for the good of the whole.
For the purposes of maintaining nonprofit status and effectively furthering the direction of Giving Voice, a Board of Directors and small Core Team are responsible for day-to-day management. The Board of Directors and Core Team are discerned from active participants of Giving Voice who have made final vows within their communities. Additional information is spelled out in the Giving Voice Bylaws.
Giving Voice does not make public statements or take public stands. This is because:
· Participation in Giving Voice is voluntary and informal,
· The Core Team is discerned, but not elected by the whole,
· Giving Voice does not speak for all young, women religious who fit the criteria for involvement
This does not preclude grassroots efforts by members to solicit support from other members for letters, petitions, etc.