This summer, over 80 sisters from 50 different communities of Catholic women religious gathered at Fontbonne University in St Louis for a fantastic National Gathering exploring the theme “Boldness and Beauty of Communion: Living Religious Life Now!”
The gathering was planned by a team of 7 Giving Voice Sisters and 2 lay women, led by Co-Chairs Julia Walsh, FSPA, and Mary Perez, OP.
We are dedicating this July newsletter to reflections by Sisters who both attended the gathering and who joined us in spirit. Check out their reflections, National Gathering Media clippings, the gathering’s program booklet, and photos from the gathering!
Giving Voice National Gathering in the News
Check out our media coverage!
- The Jesuit Post: "Young Sisters to Gather in St Louis" & Facebook Live Interview with The Jesuit Post
- St Louis Public Radio: "Catholic Religious Sisters Gather for Conference in St Louis"
- Global Sisters Report: "Constant Sharing. Rejoice with Me!"
View Photos from our Gathering on our Facebook Page here:
Read up on our fantastic gathering here!
- Embracing Diversity in Religious Life with Boldness and Beauty in Communion, by Sister Thuy Tran, CSJ
- Reflections on the Giving Voice National Gathering by a Religious Noob, by (Soon-to-be-sister) Meg Earsley
- "My Heart Felt Like Singing" by Audra Turnbull
SPECIAL THANKS to the 2019 National Gathering Planning Team
- Clare Bass, CSJ, Adriana Calzada Vazquez Vela, CCVI, Mumbi Kigutha CPPS, Mary Therese Perez OP, Julia Walsh FSPA, Lisa Perkowski, IHM, Kathryn Press, ASCJ, Kristina Ortega, Facilitator & Sophie Vodvarka, Giving Voice staff member