Catholic sisters are in ministry and advocacy positions in places as diverse as medical clinics in Kenya and the streets of New York. Helping these sisters tell their stories is at the core of Global Sisters Report, a journalism project of National Catholic Reporter Publishing Co. and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation. We're looking for a woman religious with a deep understanding and appreciation for the scope and complexity of the global sisterhood who can share that knowledge with a global team of reporters and writers. This is an ideal position for a woman religious with a strong background in writing and/or editing.
Responsibilities of the Sister Liaison include:
• Helping to identify and communicate news, issues and trends involving Catholic sisters in the U.S. and abroad, and serving as a resource person for reporters and other staff about religious life.
• Assisting reporters and other editors with story idea development and planning, and helping to identify women religious as contacts.
• Engaging in outreach to women religious and other organizations, primarily in the U.S., by attending conferences, staffing NCR/GSR exhibit booths and meeting with key people to acquaint them with GSR and seek their input.
• Coordinating and editing columns written by women religious and associates in the U.S. and internationally and recruiting new columnists.
• Position is preferably based at GSR's offices in Kansas City, Mo.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and four to six samples of your writing/editing work by Sept. 23, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org